1 You are a co-host of the “Lagging Balls” Podcast, how did you get started with podcasting?
As a lover of existing Blizzard podcasts, I felt that I had my own community niche to reach that was somewhat underserved: the foul-mouthed bit! I also knew that Thyst and I had excellent chemistry. She and I had discussed podcasting many times but didn’t finally get started until I actually started a Heroes of the Storm video show with some other friends. It was a terrible failure, but it spurred us into action on our own work, finally!
2. Do you have any advice for someone who is getting into a creative things (like podcasting, art, blogging, music, etc.)?
Best advice I can give: make time for it and make it a part of your routine. It’ll never take off if you don’t DO IT and then stick with it! I guess what I’m saying is: don’t let your memes be dreams.
3. What are some of your favorite podcast to listen to?
Convert to Raid, The Instance, Film Sack, Battlenet Sports, Realm Maintenance, Rolling Restart, Azeroth Roundtable, Lords of the Storm, Gankbush Squad, Tauren Think Tank, Merely A Setback, Pod Save America, Hardcore History, Reply All, and my newest favorite: “Forever Frumunda: The Cheese Lover’s Podcast”
4. Other then podcast and video games, what is some of your hobbies?
I’m an animal lover (so much so that I became a Vegetarian), and I have two dogs and two cats whom I adore, spoil, and with whom I love to cuddle. I’ve become intrigued by politics lately and have been following that far more than I ever thought I would, and honestly one of my single biggest and most enjoyable hobbies is maintaining TLC with a variety of online communities across multiple platforms, with members in the tens of thousands!
5. What brought you into the playing Warcraft?
A set of friends who played Alliance and a set of friends who played Horde. Guess which friends I ended up liking better?
6. How often do you raid & What game mechanic do you like the most/least in WoW?
I raid six hours a week on two nights, with the heroic raid team (unofficially named “This Is Why We Don’t Stream”). Like: any mechanic that requires one person to step outside of their role to do something strange or unusual, such as arming a pod that drops shields for the raid or picking up a flamethrower to clear green goo from the fight! Least: RNG-based bosses like Coven in the current raid tier.
7. What is your favorite instance & boss fight (it can be from any expansion)?
Instance: Icecrown Citadel!
Boss: The Lich King!
8. With a new expansion on it’s way, what are you looking forward to most I’m “Battle For Azeroth”?
The reigniting of FACTION PRIDE!! Thyst and I are For The Horde through and through, but I’ve felt a disappointing lack of faction loyalty and pride over the past few years and I’m excited for that to return in earnest!
9. With the return to the factional divide in “Battle For Azeroth”, Horde or Alliance?
Don’t be ridiculous.
Where can people find you on the Internet?